Rottweiler Exercise Facts
| | 15 July, 2020 | 0
- Rottweiler dog breeds express “strength”. Rottweiler dogs are named after the town of Rottweil in Germany. It is also quite an old breed. In Germany, as it symbolizes power in the past, it was used for protection by guards and protection companies.
- Rottweiler has a very cute appearance with its strong, aesthetic but also low ears and slightly saggy cheeks.
- It is known that the origin of these dogs dates back to the Roman Empire. As the great Roman army advanced to Europe, the dogs needed dogs to protect the live cattle herd they had taken with them as food. These dogs were not only protecting the flocks but also strong, long-walking dogs. Dogs of the army with a high protection instinct were also smart, sturdy and durable.
- Adult Rottweiler dogs’ weight ranges from 60-65 kg in males and 35-48 kg in females.
- Their height is between 60-70 cm in males and 55-65 cm in females.
- Their fur is double coated, short, hard and thick. However, their fur colors are black-mahogany or black-bronze.
- Their noses with big holes are always black.
- Rottweiler dogs’ lips are also black and their gums are dark.
- Their eyes are almond shaped and medium sized. The eyes of the Rottweiler dogs are also dark, mostly dark brown.
- The ears of these dogs are of medium size and low forward.
- They bring an average of 8-12 puppies in one pregnancy.
- Average lifespan is 8-10 years.
- In terms of feather structure, there is a dense and medium length feather structure.
- The Rottweiler female’s Pregnancy lasts about 63 days.
- An adult Rottie can sleep up to 12 hours a day.
- These dogs do not have an innate or instinctive tendency to aggression.
- Rottweiler breed is a police dog with its advanced intelligence and trainability level. Therefore, this breed can be used in many areas such as search, rescue, tracking and guard dogs.
- There is a temperament that reassures its owner.
- The Rottweiler has an extremely protective nature against the family and its immediate surroundings.
- These dogs definitely need disciplined training. Otherwise, it may exhibit maverick behavior. For this reason, it is necessary to start education from a small age.
- It also needs to be raised among other animals as they need to be socialized.
- Rottweiler dogs are not breeds that require a lot of feather care.
- Rottweiler feather should be cleaned with rubber gloves.
- Ears should be kept clean and toenails should be short.
- They like cold weather but a place to shelter should also be provided.
- Socialization should be frequent.
- They may show snoring and overeating behavior.
- They have a life span of 10-12 years. They have 12 or more puppies at a time.
- Dogs of the Rottweiler breed need daily exercises.
- When going for a trip in the forest, they like to walk with the owner.
- While cycling, they can run alongside their owners.
- Rottweiler like to swim and play with the ball.
- These dogs can start training when they are 6-8 weeks old.
What do Rottweiler Eat?
- A regular diet plan is important for this breed.
- If the Rottweiler diet is irregular, it can easily gain weight due to its structure and experience obesity.
- Evasive diet is not suitable for Rottweiler, rewards should not be given to exceed daily nutritional needs.
- If the reward is to be given, portion adjustments can be made again or calorie deficit can be created with more exercise.
- Foods containing healthy calories are always comfortable.
- Daily portion adjustments should be made according to the food preference.
- Different foods should be preferred according to the dog’s age, health status and needs.
Dominant structures education should be calm, frequent and tight. Obedience training should definitely be with their willingness to learn. Perhaps the most important reason for its adaptation too many kinds of sports activities is its smartness.
Scientific classification of Rottweiler Exercise Facts
Rottweilers are known to have well developed instincts that help in herding and guarding. Dangerous behavior of Rottweiler’s results due to irresponsible ownership, neglect and abuse or lack of training. Rottweiler’s are of exceptional strength and it is important for them to socialize well.
Rottweilers originate from Germany and they are now found all over the world. They are good for hunting
They are omnivorous animals whose favorite is meat. They also feed on live birds as well as small animals in the wild.
The Rottweiler attains sexual maturity around 6-7 months for males and females. Female dogs start having their first estrous cycle and then experience these cycles bi-annually. Dogs bear their litters roughly 58 to 68 days after their fertilization. They give birth to 4- 5 puppies in a litter.