Dog Characteristics Facts
| | 18 July, 2020 | 0
- Pet dogs are creatures that love people from the moment they are born. These creatures with more than 400 breeds are also among the most preferred pets by humans. Dogs, which are sometimes a friend, sometimes a guardian and a hunting partner for their owners, can improve their skills.
- There are more than 100 different dog breeds with their appearance and size. The species such as shepherd, hunting, bulldog, police dog, Saint Bernard are the most known among them.
- These creatures with an average life span of 15-20 years are active day and night.
- The sense of smell and hearing of dogs is sharp and the sense of vision is able to perceive blue and yellow colors much better.
- Almost all of them have 39 pairs of chromosomes. Similar to humans, they take each pair of chromosomes from the mother and one from the father.
- Although tendons and muscle structures are generally similar to humans, the upper part of their body is as strong as the lower part of the body, unlike the human body.
- In addition, the body weights of dogs are distributed almost evenly on the front and hind legs.
- Dogs are included in the class of mammals.
- The dogs have glands in their nipples and breastfeed their offspring.
- In addition, the primary teeth of the dogs are milk teeth (28 pieces), followed by permanent teeth (42 pieces).
- Dog teeth in the upper and lower jaws, like all other carnivorous animals, are sharp and longer than others.
- They use these pointed teeth not only for meat cutting purposes, but also for defense purposes.
- From the moment they are born, dogs are full of love for people.
- Dogs live in many parts of the world, domesticated and wild.
- Another feature that comes to mind about dogs is that they are very emotional.
- Dogs, which have also established a good bond with their owners, constantly monitor their owners with their eyes.
- Although dogs are loyal and emotional, they can also exhibit very jealous attitudes.
- Dogs can wheeze, smash something, refuse to eat, become gluttonous, or try to attract attention by bringing toys to their owners or jumping on their laps.
- Dogs are intelligent and can be easily tailored. It has a reputation for its loyalty to its owner. Dogs run on their toes and swim well.
- Dogs’ feathers should be combed frequently. Most dogs like it. In addition, the feather of the dogs is brushed, contributing both to the health of the fur and to the development of the bond with the owner.
- The fact that dogs have fur does not mean that they will not get cold. For this reason, dogs should not be left outside in cold weather.
- In order for the dogs to live a life free of fleas, it is necessary to regularly undergo a general health examination and all the advice that the veterinarian says about this must be followed.
- It has to go out with its owner at least 2 times a day.
What do Dog Eat?
Every dog has different feeding types according to their age, breed and type. Therefore, it is necessary to get information according to the type of dogs. Dogs are generally carnivorous creatures. The basic food of dogs is fats, animal proteins and carbohydrates. Healthy nutrition, which should be started in infancy, continues in adulthood and in order for the life of the dog to be longer, it is important to constantly eat healthy. Taking too much lactose or raw starch harms the dog’s body. In addition, cellulose-type substances should not be given to dogs, except in an emergency.
Many dog owners do not give much importance to water, which is one of the basic food sources for life, by turning to solid foods only. All dogs need water as much as dry foods they consume. Feeding amounts of dogs are also very important. This amount varies depending on the dog’s age, race, health status, lifestyle and many other factors. However, the total of the biomass of an adult dog in general should take 1.5 to 2 times as much food as the total. The daily water requirement of a dog weighing around 10 pounds is an average of 0.5 liters. However, a dog who consumes canned food in food has less water requirement. A veterinarian must decide on the net number of these rates. Just as people’s water needs increase in the summer, dogs’ water needs also increase. In addition to hot weather, having a brisk life for dogs also increases water needs. Some diseases or salty foods also increase the rate of water needs.
Scientific classification of Dog Characteristics Facts
Dogs are known to be present all over the world.They are present in different shapes and forms and species.Different species of dogs are present in different parts of the world
Dogs are known to be carnivorous animals as well as omnivorous animals who feed on different kinds of food, their favorite being, meat, fish and milk.They can digest a variety of food products including vegetables and whole grain. All meat diets are not recommended because of their lack of calcium and iron.
A Dog attains sexual maturity around 6-7 months for males and females. Female dogs start having their first estrous cycle and then experience these cycles bi-annually. Dogs bear their litters roughly 58 to 68 days after their fertilization. They give birth to 4- 5 puppies in a litter.